Monday, August 31, 2015

Toyohashi Roach Exterminators

The Gifford pose

I've never had this problem my entire mission, now I'm paranoid that
one of those little critters is gonna pop out at me anytime. The
Suzukis have given us a set of tools to fight them with, but Elder
Gifford just settles for a large kitchen knife. I'm never using that
knife ever. This week one crawled round our dishes and I spent the
whole next day not using those dishes. So nasty.

 So this week we found another 6 investigators! Just not all on the
same day. Some of them have interest, some don't. Just gotta find the
ones who are prepared.

Dog parking

 We did a lot of work with members on Saturday. It was awesome. For
the first time on my mission, we got to help a member family move to a
new house. I remember that was a normal thing back in SC. It was fun!
They lived on the third floor of the apartment and there was no
elevator. We formed a chain and got what seemed to be a hundred boxes
down stairs. Next week we will move the furniture and refrigerator.
The fun stuff.

  Right after that we went to the ward primary activity where we were
asked to teach "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" in English to them.
That was fun! The kids are so hyper and so cute!  After that we had
shaved ice and onigiri which is a rice ball. The mission president's
son and his family are members of our ward, so they chilled with us at
lunchtime. Their 11 year old son is a kid genius. He even knows some
good English phrases. The Bishop also came and talked to me. He is way
cool!

 On Sunday lots of members talked to us and they all remembered my
name and everything. I'm starting to feel more like a part of the ward
now. It's cool.

Flashback to the south

   Recently we've been talking a lot about the Atonement in the
mission. If our investigators have a clear understanding of that, they
can keep the commandments more easily. The knowledge that Christ
suffered for us, and because of Him we can be changed and made strong,
is something I have seen demonstrated in my own life. The Savior will
help us, but we have to let Him, we have to come to Him. I've been
enjoying some videos on gospel library called His Grace. They're about
people who's lives were changed because of the Atonement. They really
show the difference it can make.

Well, love y'all and wish y'all a happy Power Rangers day last week!

All that love,
Wat chan
No sir, not in my house!

The hunt

Guts!

Dana and Smith in Takaoka
DTM with Ishii kaicho!

Funny faces, even Ishii kaichous in on it!

Me and elder Gifford skyping Elder Gifford!

Hey what's up elder!
Karen Rider Edion? Haha Edion is an electronics store btw

Katsudon is awesome! Happy Power Rangers Day!

Matching ties, swag ne?

Add caption

Tiny melon pan! Soooo good!

Primary Activity

Ishii kaihou's grandson

Ishii kaicho's son

Yakiniku pday....Before

During...YUM!

After

No comments:

Post a Comment