Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Transfer 9: The Parable of the Tallent

My new comp Elder Tallent

I'm T9!!! Almost double digits! Whaat?!
Punctured tire...

The expert


It has been an interesting start to the transfer with my new companion. This is the first time in a while that I haven't known anything about my comp before getting him, so I've been trying to adjust to the change and get to know each other.

  Elder Paul Tallent comes from a different world than I do, a place called Iowa. Never met anyone from there before. He's 19, and he's a professional cyclist. He does a ton of extreme stuff. He is also really smart and can build cars. He's a pretty cool dude. He is only on his 3rd transfer and still doesn't really know Japanese, so we are working on that. But he's ready to work hard.

  Last week we saw some less actives and explored more parts of our little area. Then the day I'd long feared came, I got a flat tire. Good thing my comp is a pro cyclist! We went to a really good nearby bike shop and he hooked me up with the best stuff within my budget. We replaced the tire and it was good to go. My old tire was soooo worn out! After that we ran into Sasai Kyoudai from church and he bought us a ton of ice cream on the spot! So many blessings haha!
Old tire

My bike in surgery


  Well, recently we've all been studying the 4 gospels in the new testament in preparation for mission conference with Elder Ballard soon. I love reading the words of the Savior, just the gospel and the way of eternal life. My testimony of the Savior is growing as I read and study His words. So I invite you all to study them too, read some NT. The bible is a good book.

Not much else to say this time. I love you all, and I'm thankful for your prayers! Have another great week!
Love,
Watdawg choro

Happy Birthday to Aunt Ashley and my puppy Cinnamon!!!
Drive: Type Speed!
Drive: Type Speed!

Curiel and Martindale
My old District Leader Elder Baird!

Laumatia ready to hit the tracks.

Sugimoto Choro, retired AP, reaping the fealds for one last transfer.

Bills!

Elder Hardcastle

Moulton choro!

The Transferees

Tanner and Bills

Meeting at Nagoya Eki

Meeting at Nagoya Eki

A ferari

Cat bus, it's coming for you!

A Seto member came to Nonami for stake business and remembered I was there so she brought chocolate for us! So cool.

Home made Indo Curry! MMM...

Home made Indo Curry! MMM...

HUGE dog outside a convinie
Elder Mihara (the elder that took my spot when I left Nagano) and Elder Takayama.

No comments:

Post a Comment