Monday, May 19, 2014

We gonna throw a Bar B Que!

Took these last Transfer, thought y'all'd enjoy!


Hi!!

I'm not sure what to write about for once. Haha. I was riding my bake down a hill, and crashed it. But the Lord protected me and my bike and we only got scratches. And we found new investigators!

   One of our new friends is American and came to the branch BBQ and church on Branch Conference. It was way awesome. Speaking of, The BBQ rocked. I can't say how awesome these members really are! And the kids are so cute! We had good food and family fun.

   We also had Zone Training Meeting with all the missionaries who just transferred to the Zone. It was strange that Bills wasn't there since he transferred out. Now I'm the only member of my doki in Nagano Zone. But all the new missionaries are cool and half the zone is Japanese now. It was funny to see them all sit together and listen to the translator.

   On Sunday, Yamashita kaicho and Shimai came to Branch Conference and gave great talks. I wanted to share a part of President Yamashita's talk; He told a story of a young lion who was friends with sheep. He was raised by sheep, and thought that he was a sheep. One night he was sleeping with his sheep family when a pack of wolves attacked. When this happened the lion was scared, but he ran toward the wolves to protect his friends. He realized then that he wasn't the child of sheep, but a child of lions. And with this realization he scared off the wolves and saved his friends. Then Yamashita Kaicho asked a question to all the children and adults too, "Are we the children of sheep or of lions?" He gave us a hint, its in Hymn number 301, even though the words lion and sheep are not in the song. Think about it. I looked at the hymn and realized the answer.

   We have a great inheritance from Heavenly Father. The fact that we are His children is simple and great, and while I doubted some things in the past I always knew that this was true. And now I know that the whole thing is true and I'm so thankful for the blessings that Heavenly Father gives us all the time.

   Well today I shall rediscover free haircuts as I visit a members beauty shop and have their delicious home made pizza! Love you all very much and ganbatte as some of you come to the end of your school year!

Love,
Elder Watkins in Nagano!

Branch BBQ!!!!

Branch BBQ!!!!

 So cute!

Branch President with the kids.

These kids are awesome!

These Members totally rock!

Family fun!

Family fun!

Got this guy for way cheap. He's from 2009. Just a chillin on my desk Kamen Rider.

Old toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment